- No.1 SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver
- No.2 SPT SD-9252SS Energy Star 18″ Built-In Dishwasher, Stainless Steel
- No.3 Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher, White
- No.4 Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- No.5 GE GIDDS-632119 Built-In 24″ Dishwasher, White, 5 Cycles/2 Options
- Factors to Consider while purchasing dishwasher
Are you tired of doing dishes and scrubbing them? The best way to get rid of the daily hassle is installing a dishwasher in your kitchen. A dishwasher does the washing, scrubbing, and rinsing of your dishes with its advanced technology. If you are confused, here is a quick list and quick, comprehensive reviews on best dishwashers under $400.
Here are the top choices for dishwasher under $400.
No.1 SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver
- It is a small and compact model making it a great option for kitchens with limited space. It easily fits into any countertops and occupies less space. The dishwasher is 17.24” making it spacious enough along with being compact.
- The dishwasher has 6 programs for wash settings or six cycle of wash which makes it easy to wash off even the dirtiest of the dishes.
- It comes with automatic detergent and rinses agent dispenser making the operation user-friendly.
- It is made of strong and sturdy stainless steel interior making the body mechanically strong and long lasting.
- It can easily install and connect with kitchen faucet without any technical assistance.
- One of the major cons of the dishwasher is, it is hard to understand the user manual. Troubleshooting the machine is hard.
- Due to limited space and shallow lines, it is unable to accommodate large dishes. On running the machine continuously, it leads to building up of particles.
Overall, SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver is a good option when one is considering compactness and wants to install the dishwasher in a limited space. The dishwasher utilizes more energy due to its compact size and utilizes more water. It is an energy saving model with Energy Star Certification. It is a countertop model that makes it limited in space and makes it difficult to wash large utensils.
The installation and operating process for the dishwasher are very easy, and it does not require any technical assistance to fit all the faucets. It consumes the energy around 220kwh/yr and water consumption for a normal cycle is 14.5L/3.8 gallons. It utilizes residual heat drying system and takes around 80 minutes per cleaning cycle. It is a perfect pick for a small sized family, but for the smooth operation of the dishwasher, it is important to use right portion of the soap.
No.2 SPT SD-9252SS Energy Star 18″ Built-In Dishwasher, Stainless Steel
- It has a spacious cavity of 18” inch and is a great option for limited space. It does not occupy much space and is a great pick for smaller homes or office.
- It comes with energy efficiency certification and helps in reduced consumption of energy all year round. It also checks proper water consumption.
- 8 standard settings along with 6 wash programs making the operation and utility highly flexible. The time delay feature enables you to schedule the wash cycle as per your convenience.
- It has an automatic dispenser for detergent, and to hold silverware and utensils, the wash dispenser has silverware basket.
- It needs a steady connection to the plumbing system of your kitchen.
- Since it has an inbuilt dishwasher and thus it would occupy space of one of your cabinets. It would reduce the storage space.
The SPT SD-9252SS Energy Star 18″ Built-In Dishwasher, Stainless Steel is an inbuilt kitchen model. Since it is stainless steel fabricated, it is mechanically strong and sturdy. It is perfect for limited and less spacious kitchens. The dishwasher is integrated with digital console along with 6 inbuilt wash programs and hence is easy to operate and use along with an instant display of any error. It consumes less electricity and has Energy Star compliant for efficient energy usage. In a normal cycle, it consumes around 3.65 gallons of water and backed by residual heat drying system makes it one of the ideal dishwashers for a family use.
No.3 Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher, White
- Danby DDW621WDB is compact and convenient for small homes or less spacious kitchen. It can easily connect with all kitchen faucets.
- Compliant with Energy Star and hence, efficient usages of energy along with lower consumption of water.
- 6 wash cycles make the wash versatile according to your convenience and type of utensils you want to use.
- Easy electronic controls with LED display for better operation.
- Since it is countertop model, it consumes cabinet space and reduces the storage space utility.
- Need to connect to the plumbing system of your kitchen.
The Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher, White is built of stainless steel and is a great countertop dishwasher that consumes less water of around 3.1 Gal for a normal cycle. It is Energy Star certified making it consumes less energy and thus helps in saving on your electricity bill.
The dishwasher has 6 setting that can easily program and can monitor as per the washing requirement. It includes a soak, rapid, normal, economy, glass and intensive as wash cycles. Comparing to the other heavy built dishwasher, it is compact and can comfortably install in your kitchen without any hardcore technical assistance. It is a great pick for a small kitchen, and includes silverware basket and has auto detergent and rinse agent.
No.4 Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Compact but portable countertop dishwasher made of stainless steel interior imparting its mechanical strength and robustness.
- It is silent and does not create loud noise while the operation is running.
- Can be installed easily without any technical assistance and you can quickly connect the adapters to the faucets.
- Easy to operate and handle with 6 place standard settings offering space for enough of dirty dishes.
- Low power and water consumption
- It does not have small cycles, but all of them are medium to long wash cycles.
- The dishwasher also is a compact one, but the size is slightly bigger than the average smaller size.
Koldfront 6 Place Setting Portable Countertop Dishwasher – Black is a compact, portable and convenient dishwasher that includes 6 standard place settings by which you can keep things organized. For ensuring proper cleaning, it comes with 6 wash cycles. The dishwasher is popular for energy efficiency and requires power requirement of 1160 W / 10.7A and consumes 3.8 gallons of water per cycle.
The quick connect faucet adapter enables easy installation. It is a good compact dishwasher, which operates silently with noise induction. It has an automatic dispenser that gives better cleaning. The dishwasher has an internal water heater that ensures that no bacteria stay alive on utensils during the wash cycle. These remarkable features make one of the preferred choices if you are looking a clean, energy efficient and hygienic dishwasher.
No.5 GE GIDDS-632119 Built-In 24″ Dishwasher, White, 5 Cycles/2 Options
- Robust and durable product able to wash versatile and large number of dishes at the same time
- There are hard food disposer cycles, and the dishwasher includes 5 tub types for convenient usage.
- It consists of 12 places setting capacity making it spacious enough along with deluxe silverware basket.
- The dishwasher has four level wash systems along with two-stage filtration. The progress of wash can track via indicator dial wash.
- Loud noise during cycles while switching from one mode to other along with longer cycles.
- Sometimes you will have installation issues.
The GE GIDDS-632119 Built-In 24″ Dishwasher is large enough to wash an ample number of utensils. As the name suggest it has a 24″ dishwasher size, and because of this feature, it can accommodate many dishes for washing with its 4 level wash system. It has two-stage filtration and has hard food disposer. Further, it has 5 cycles and has a 12-place setting capacity to accommodate many utensils. The GE GIDDS-632119 is easy to start the dishwasher by simply turning the dial. The dishwasher has silverware basket, which is an added advantage for washing silverware sets.
Factors to Consider while purchasing dishwasher
It is important to consider certain factors while buying a dishwasher. The most integral are the size of the dishwasher. You must purchase it according to the available space in the kitchen. Depending on the size of your family, you can either get a standard dishwasher fixed to the kitchen or purchase one, which is larger and portable. Ensure that you get a dishwasher, which has Energy Star label because it helps in saving energy, conserving water and have a low cost of operation. There are dishwashers operated on pumps and motors, which make a lot of noise and sound, but it is wise to purchase the quite ones, even though that are slightly more expensive.
- Types of Dishwashers
You can purchase different types of dishwashers depending on your requirement and budget affordability. The most basic and standard ones are the compact dish drawers that are easy to fix in the kitchen and are highly suitable for people with limited kitchen space. The second type of popular dishwasher is the freestanding model, which can conveniently accommodate under the kitchen counter. There are portable freestanding dishwashers also available, which are convenient to move around the house. The most economical forms of dishwashers are the countertop ones that can place close to the sink and are extremely convenient for doing a few dishes.
- Features required in Dishwasher
You need to have multiple features in a dishwasher. The best and most beneficial ones are those, which are affordable and give a high degree of energy efficiency. The body of the dishwasher should have tough material fabrication, so that it will be mechanically strong. Use of stainless steel body makes the dishwasher more resistant to heat and high temperature. The dishwasher should be able to conserve energy and limit water usage, make less noise and for a larger home, portable types are a better option. Depending on the size, feature and technology features, the dishwashers will have price variations.
All the above-referred dishwashers are falling under the category of best dishwashers under $400. They are convenient to use, affordable and come with feature rich options. Amongst the entire lot, SPT Countertop Dishwasher is the best buy as per features and customer feedbacks. Most of the users of the dishwasher are highly satisfied with the product. It is best because it is compact, robust and energy efficient.
For confirming energy efficiency, it has Energy Star Certification. You can easily program the washing and schedule the washing cycle to have a satisfying level of dish cleaning. All the operational maneuverings are easy to handle. It is not only great regarding features and usage but also highly affordable. People who look for an affordable and durable trouble free dishwasher, SPT Countertop Dishwasher always stay ahead than the rest of the dishwashers, though others exert a close challenge.